Borders in screen shots

Subject: Borders in screen shots
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 09:29:54 -0400

Ilana Cohney reports: <<I use Corel Capture to capture screens for online
help. Often I only need to capture a part of the screen. When these shots
appear online they disappear into the white background. What is the easiest
and fastest way to
add a border to captured parts of a screen?>>

All graphics software offers "rectangle" and "line" tools that you can use
to draw a border of your choice around the bitmap, then resave the file. For
details on how, consult the manual of your graphics software. Word
processors and page layout software also commonly provide an automatic
"border" feature for graphics, and that's even easier: just drop the graphic
into the help file, select the graphic, then apply the border. Again,
details vary depending on the software you're using, so check the manual; at
a minimum, you can drop the bitmap into a cell of a table, then apply a
border to that cell using the table formatting features.

580 boul. St-Jean
Pointe-Claire, Que., H9R 3J9 Canada
"User's advocate" online monthly at
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a
personality, and an obnoxious one at that."--Kim Roper

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l