Re(2): Document Size and Page Numbers

Subject: Re(2): Document Size and Page Numbers
From: Jan Henning <henning -at- r-l -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 09:52:57 +0200

>Actually, automatic page numbering has been a feature of most word
>processors, all the way back to Wordstar days. How it's implemented has
>changed over the years, but for the most part it's been relatively easy
>to implement either by-chapter page numbering or straight-through page
>numbering. Figuring out how THIS package implements it, as opposed to
>THAT package, has been the challenge. <g>

Hard to believe though it is, many conventions in the printing industry
predate even venerable word processors such as WordStar that have been in
existence for 25 years.

The "days when we didn't have automatic page numbering" that I was
referring to are the pre-DTP days. You know, when documentation was
created on a typewriter or a specialized typesetting machine. The days of
white-out. The days when cut and paste meant scissors and glue. The good
old days ;-)

Regards
Jan Henning

Jan Henning
ROSEMANN & LAURIDSEN GMBH
Am Schlossberg 14, D-82547 Eurasburg, Germany

Phone: +49 700 0200 0700, Fax: +49 81 79 93 07 12
E-Mail: henning -at- r-l -dot- de, Web: www.r-l.de
Handelsregister: München HRB 99345

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l