Re: FWD: How technical are they at Oracle

Subject: Re: FWD: How technical are they at Oracle
From: Goober <techcommgoober -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 10:50:43 -0700 (PDT)

> My manager recently told me that writers at Oracle
> are more "technical"
> than writers at other companies. She claims that
> writers regularly cycle
> through from doc to QA to development. I don't
> believe that this is
> true--can anyone provide more information?

Your manager is living in a dream world. There are
highly technical writers everywhere, and there are
stooges everywhere (even at Oracle... or at least
there were... trust me on this one). Anyway, some
writers also shuffle between writing, QA, development,
and other areas. Others prefer to stay in writing.
Does that make these writers any better/worse than
others? Not in and of itself.

Everyone's different. Everyone has their own ambitions
and dreams. Everyone also has their own technical
limitations. Oracle may prefer to hire more technical
people, but it doesn't mean they are better writers,
or are able to (or want to) successfully juggle
themselves between QA and development as well as writing.

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l