RE: How to fend off a tech writer

Subject: RE: How to fend off a tech writer
From: "Sean O'Donoghue-Hayes (EAA)" <Sean.O'Donoghue-Hayes -at- ericsson -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 09:46:20 +1000

Ahem!!!

Well a very interesting thread.

Loved the expression Neo-Platonists.....don't know why but all of a sudden I
had a vision of Eva Peron singing "Don't Cry for me Argentina..." (okay so
they were Neo-Peronists....) - not sure who will play Eva on the
list.....volunteers please email Debbie (to sing a rendition of "Don't cry
for Garrison Sans Light...".

Next, I am very disappointed that, on a list devoted to clear communication
as this one, and having deliberately misread most of the messages on this
thread, that you have ALL ignored the plea that original writer put in the
title.

"How to fend off a tech writer"

There are four good methods:

1) An elbow to the back of the head delivered as the technical writer is
insanely muttering about the failings/strengths/absurdities of Word, or
Frame, or Notepad.

2) Clothes hanger as the technical writer comes running around a corner to
get that special stationery paper colour print that must go to that printer.
(needless to say someone else has printed out a list of football results on
the special stationery).

3) In the car park, clip them with the front wing as they are leaving at
9pm, having completed that "needs to be done today" document that you won't
send off till next Tuesday....week....

4) An electric crash barrier topped with razor wire, a 200 yard fire zone,
patrolled by man/woman eating dogs, watchtowers, minefields, moats full of
piranha, around all those staff with whom the technical writer might want to
talk.

These four methods should fend off most technical writers.

regards and thanks,
Sean O'Donoghue-Hayes

Buy RoboHelp Office in May and you'll save $100 with our mail-in rebate.
Or switch from Doc-to-Help or ForeHelp to RoboHelp Office for only $499.
Get the help authoring tool PC magazine recently awarded a perfect score!
Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr