Wanted: complex MS Word documents

Subject: Wanted: complex MS Word documents
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 10:11:19 -0300

Would anybody on the list be willing to send me some complex files in .doc format? I'm looking for two or three files, each full of tables, numbered lists, fields, diagrams, macros, annotations and/or anything else that can cause problems when exporting to a different file format.

I need these files because I'm putting OpenOffice through its paces. OpenOffice, for those who don't know, is the free software version of StarOffice, and has just released version 1.0. One of the features in both OpenOffice and StarOffice are some very strong export filters for MS Word. I'm trying to see how strong.

Unfortunately, I don't work much in Windows these days, and, when I do, I mostly use FrameMaker, so I simply don't have tye types of documents that I need.

I'll post the results of my experiments on the list. If I do anything else with the results, I'll acknowledge those who helped.

My thanks in advance for any help.

"Come in through the side door,
No need to worry now, the coast is clear,
We can make a little music now the night is ours,
And it'll sure sound sweeter after hours."
-Battlefield Band, "After Hours"

Buy RoboHelp Office in May and you'll save $100 with our mail-in rebate.
Or switch from Doc-to-Help or ForeHelp to RoboHelp Office for only $499.
Get the help authoring tool PC magazine recently awarded a perfect score!
Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr