RE: Recent unusual interview experiences

Subject: RE: Recent unusual interview experiences
From: "Grant, Christopher" <CGrant -at- glhec -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 09:36:50 -0500

Hi.

> Jews learned a lot about gas chambers during the holocaust.
>
> Few were called for second interviews.

That's a bad joke and a poor analogy. Matthew's point is right on, IMHO.
If you're going to spend the time getting ready and preparing for an
interview, at least turn the tables to your own advantage by using the time
to learn: about the company, about hiring practices, about how you perform
in interviews, etc.

Heck, if you're in this kind of interview and have decided it's too whacked
for you to even consider working there on the basis of the interview, use
the time to try "all the things you've thought about doing in an interview,
but didn't." Don't go to far, of course. HR departments I don't believe
can share information with HR departments in other companies, but you might
get burned.

Still, at the very least, don't walk out of there with nothing. If you can
afford to do that, you probably don't need the job anyway.

-Chris Grant

Buy RoboHelp Office in May and you'll save $100 with our mail-in rebate.
Or switch from Doc-to-Help or ForeHelp to RoboHelp Office for only $499.
Get the help authoring tool PC magazine recently awarded a perfect score!
Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr