Re: Adobe links

Subject: Re: Adobe links
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 06:33:26 -0400

Meena,

Open the PDF in Acrobat. Select the Link Tool (button that looks like two links of chain). Drag a bounding box around the icon. In the Link Tool dialog, select the action you want and browse to the destination file. Of course this only works if the destination file is kept in the same directory as the PDF or if it has a fixed UNC or URL.

When the user clicks the link, the file will open in its native format (I assume this is what you want).

As an alternative, you can convert the linked file to a PDF separately. You can then either leave it as a separate PDF and link to it or you can merge it into the main PDF file and use the link to jump the appropriate page.

Dick

Meena S wrote:

Hi everyone,

A small doubt: I need to convert a Word 2000 document into PDF. My
architect has inserted a few files INSIDE the Word doc. WIll these be
functional too once converted into PDF? (i.e. will I be able to launch the
file by clicking on the icon inside the PDF document, as I do in Word?)

I have tried tinkering around with the options in Adobe, but it doesnt work.
Maybe someone knows another shortcut or hidden feature...?

Buy RoboHelp Office in May and you'll save $100 with our mail-in rebate.
Or switch from Doc-to-Help or ForeHelp to RoboHelp Office for only $499.
Get the help authoring tool PC magazine recently awarded a perfect score!
Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr