RE: Time Tracking - feminist remark

Subject: RE: Time Tracking - feminist remark
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- jci -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 08:32:26 -0500

>>Count me in. But you forgot "personually," "personagement," and
"persony."

>Oh, come on. Next thing you'll want "Human Resources" instead of "Man
>Resources", personnel instead of mannel, personality instead of manality,
>personify instead of manify, Sheffield instead of Heffield, and staffing
>instead of manning. That's the kind of PC thinking that leads to <shudder>
>accurate and precise use of language, instead of customary sloppiness. Tut
>tut.

Now, now. You're *both* overlooking the rampant discrimination in the word
"person." There it is, right there at the end. The word obviously is sexist
and must immediately be replaced with the gender-neutral "perchild," and in
"perchildagement."

And "Human Resources" as a phrase must also be banned, on the grounds of
gender discrimination. The proper phrase is "Huperchild Resources."

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224

Buy RoboHelp Office in May and you'll save $100 with our mail-in rebate.
Or switch from Doc-to-Help or ForeHelp to RoboHelp Office for only $499.
Get the help authoring tool PC magazine recently awarded a perfect score!
Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr