Re: Product deliverables

Subject: Re: Product deliverables
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 06:24:10 -0600

Ms. Shewolf inquired:

> What would consitute a list of deliverables for a
> product. I have listed some below.
>
> Deliverables
>
> Read Me
> Installation Guide
> Getting Started Guide
> Actual Online help

Depends entirely on the product. I don't see a User Manual, but perhaps
the presence of online help negates that. Many products do not have online
help. Think about the variety of documentation formats that exist, and
decide what is applicable for the product you're documenting, for example:

user manual
system administrator manual
online tutorials
quick reference card
release notes (might be encompassed in the ReadMe)
ToolTips (popup screen tips)
etc.

Good luck!

-Keith Cronin

Until you finish writing the Adobe Manual of Style, quit complaining about
the Microsoft Manual of Style and get back to work, you.

Buy RoboHelp Office in May and you'll save $100 with our mail-in rebate.
Or switch from Doc-to-Help or ForeHelp to RoboHelp Office for only $499.
Get the help authoring tool PC magazine recently awarded a perfect score!
Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr