Contents tab disappears in my WebHelp project

Subject: Contents tab disappears in my WebHelp project
From: "Metzger, Lucinda" <cmetzger -at- dukane -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 15:45:23 -0500

Hello all,

I have created my first WebHelp project using RoboHelp 9.2, and now I'm
having problems with the Contents tab in the compiled help.

A little background: These help files are for a SQL-based application that
resides on a server. Users access the application by pointing their browsers
to an internal web site and logging in. They can then choose a task, which
leads them through a series of web pages (kind of like a wizard). By making
the appropriate selections on these pages, they can manipulate the SQL data
and create meaningful reports. Each page has a Help button that is linked to
a context-sensitive help topic. There is also a Help icon in the left frame
of the app that is accessible at all times. This icon is linked to the
"main" html file, which brings up the entire set of help files, complete
with navigation pane on the left.

Here's my problem. When I click on the Help icon, the help file appears as
it should, with the navigation pane on the left and the TOC tab displayed in
that pane. (Aside: Index and Search tabs have been removed because I have
not yet added that functionality.) If I use the TOC to navigate to various
help topics, the TOC tab remains displayed, as it should. But if I use the
Related Topics button to jump to another topic, the navigation pane and TOC
tab disappear -- the new topic occupies the entire window.

So my query is this: How do I get the nav pane/TOC tab to remain? I've
rooted around in the RoboHelp help files, the Techwr-l archives, and the
RoboHelp Community web site, but none of the material I found seems to
address this particular situation. I'm sure I'm missing something simple, so
would some kind soul please enlighten me?

TIA,
Cindy
cmetzger -at- dukane -dot- com

Buy RoboHelp Office in May and you'll save $100 with our mail-in rebate.
Or switch from Doc-to-Help or ForeHelp to RoboHelp Office for only $499.
Get the help authoring tool PC magazine recently awarded a perfect score!
Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr