Re: PDF problem

Subject: Re: PDF problem
From: Wes <wesslack -at- pacbell -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 18:27:14 -0700

Yes this works fine with one small caveat. On the side, I do two versions of a
small hobby/club type newsletter in .pdf?one in color for download from a web
site, and one in b/w to the print shop for snail mailing to those without web
access. I use the same .ps and Distiller settings for both, yet the b/w .pdf
version comes out about twice the size in Kbyte. There are an abundance of
.gifs (I know, I know) and .jpgs, but the newsletter is rarely over 12 pages,
so size really isn't an issue in this case. But I wonder why the disparity in
file size??!?

Regards, &c...Wes
(BTW, Acrobat/Distiller 4.0 & MSWord 98 for Mac)