Word forms - help!

Subject: Word forms - help!
From: "Alex Hart" <coalholecat -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 11:52:07 -0700

Calling all Word gurus! (of which I am not!) Our Web Development department has been erroneously told that I am great with Word - the last Tech writer was a wiz.

The WebMaster in my company is having a problem with setting up a 'Send' button on a Word form. He wants the button to automatically open Outlook and attach the form to the email.

The form is housed on a different department's intranet shared drive.

The WebMaster has made a simple mailto hyperlink that opens Outlook but he doesn't know how to code the Send button so that it will also attach the filled-out form to the email.

I'm assuming this is a macro, VB, or mailmerge type of problem but I neither have the time or the ability to figure this out quickly. Any suggestions? Either direct or other listservs to hit?

This will give me 'pull' with our Web Development group so I'm praying this is possible.

I've already looked on Microsoft, the Techwhir-l archives, and a few other Word pages to no avail.

Thanks in advance,

Alex Hart
'Wordsmith in the making'

It's amazing how much