RE: Office XP 2002 and PowerPoint Upgrade?

Subject: RE: Office XP 2002 and PowerPoint Upgrade?
From: "John Fleming" <johntwrl -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 20:34:24 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Ressler [mailto:JRessler -at- ewa-denver -dot- com]
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 10:51 AM
To: TECHWR-L
Subject: Office XP 2002 and PowerPoint Upgrade?

> Personal Opinions here...
>
> I am enrolling in a class this summer that will require PowerPoint XP,
so I
> will have to buy it.
>
> My question is...should I go ahead and buy Office XP, or just
PowerPoint.

I've been working with Office XP for half a year now, and I am very
happy with it.

OK, I do have some serious misgivings about Outlook XP. This one
application accounts for approximately 95% of the problems I have run
into while using Office XP Professional on a system running Windows XP
Professional. (Most of the remainder involve Outlook Express 6.)

I've also worked a lot with Office 2000.

Office XP does have some nice new features--like Insert Diagram--that
aren't available in Office 2000. Word XP also handles the mail merge
feature a bit differently.

That said, for most of my day to day work, I don't see a lot of
difference between the two.

So my suggestion is this. If you are buying a new computer, go with
Office XP. If you are sticking with an older system, stick with Office
2000.

--
John Fleming
Technical Communication Contractor