attaching word templates

Subject: attaching word templates
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 13:11:10 -0700 (PDT)

I've perused teh archives and didn't really find an answer to this question. So, I'm bugging you guys! :-)

Can anyone tell me/point me to the correct procedures to make sure a template gets attached to a Word doc and the styles don't change when the doc is opened on various machines. An example of the problem: I create my content and save the doc. I send it off for edit. It comes back with different settings for the styles. Obviously, the styles in the Normal.dot file are being changed when the editor opens the doc on their machine. I don't want this sort of thing to happen. I've never quite understood how Word deals with templates. My Frame experience/expectations get in my way. While it's been a minor annoyance up until now, I'm starting work on a template for a e-zine, and I want to make sure this doesn't happen.

Any help is appreciated. You can reply directly to me.

Thanks in advance.

Sean Hower

technical writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com