RE: Directions for tomorrow's techwriting

Subject: RE: Directions for tomorrow's techwriting
From: "Sean O'Donoghue-Hayes (EAA)" <Sean.O'Donoghue-Hayes -at- ericsson -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 13:44:31 +1000

Hi folks,

Interesting that you are talking about filling in the blanks in templates -
and the difficulties that can occur.

When I "personally" see such difficulties my first question is not how will
I rewrite this information or get the information.

My first question is if I can change the template so that the people who are
using it can "readily" understand what is required, when they can leave a
section out (and with quality standards identifying why the section is "Not
Applicable") and can complete it accurately.

Maybe it is "doing" ourselves out of jobs, but beyond writing information we
are also the "custodians" and creators of templates that should lessen the
load on our own shoulders and increase efficiency in our workplaces.

regards and thanks,
Sean O'Donoghue-Hayes

~sig-line: "To err is human, to bark is canine, to shred your legs is
feline...~