Re: Job Cuts - Telecom

Subject: Re: Job Cuts - Telecom
From: vanessa_andrews -at- yahoo -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 11:4:24

Telecom is grim, that's for sure. I recently got the axe as part of a
layoff that eliminated 14 of 20 writers. (Also, my husband is in charge of
marketing for a retail company that generates half its revenue from cell
phone sales. And they're not selling.)

However, on the plus side, I was able to get another job in the telecom
industry in just three weeks. In Seattle, no less. And it looks like we
might be adding a writer or two in the summer.

So, things are gloomy, but there's a bit of light still showing through.