RE: Publish 400+ Excel Spreadsheets?

Subject: RE: Publish 400+ Excel Spreadsheets?
From: SIANNON -at- VISUS -dot- JNJ -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 8:36:58

OK, I tried to send this off-list, but the mailer-daemon bounced it, so I'm
going to try re-sending it on-list.

Here's an idea I just tested out: Use links from a single HTML page to the
individual Excel files. That way, the centralized doc actually pulls up
the current file (no need to worry about refreshing views or losing
formatting). Depending on how you set the file privs is whether the
"viewer" can edit the cells, too (if you don't lock them down somehow, the
default, at least with IE, is to allow the cells to be edited). Also, an
HTML page can handle such a large volume of links.

What you use to edit or maintain the HTML file is up to you, but I think it
might be a simpler option than what you are considering so far.

HTH,
Shauna