RE: relocation question

Subject: RE: relocation question
From: "Justin Ressler" <JRessler -at- ewa-denver -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 08:58:21 -0600

What is the potential harm in sending a resume now?

It has been my experience that companies advertise job openings in an
"ideal" manner. If your skill set is a match for their position, often they
will bend to accommodate you. Sometimes you can even "have it your way" and
work off-site. When I hired on to my current position, the company was
looking for someone to hit the ground running, as they were already two
months into the contract. I told them that I could only work part time for
at least 2 months, but my skill set met their needs, and they accommodated.
Certainly that is not always going to be the case, but sometimes, they need
you more than you need them.

I just think that you would be eliminating some potential by waiting to send
out your resume. If necessary, send it to the company again in a couple of
weeks, they may put it on the shelf now. That is the only potential
drawback I see. If nothing else, if your skill set matches they will
(should) at least call and talk to you, a little interaction never hurt
anyone...right?

JR