RE: An interesting page....

Subject: RE: An interesting page....
From: Syed Ahmed <SAhmed -at- DKSYSTEMS -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:24:19 -0500

>From: Haas, Guy [mailto:ghaas -at- selectica -dot- com]
>Subject: An interesting page....
>
>http://www.mamselle.ca/error.html

I forwarded this link to some friends (very funny, btw!) and a few of them
replied to me saying that they didn't see the joke, and thought it was an
actual error. It shows me how little (or none!) reading the beloved
software user community will tolerate. I knew this to be the case from my
helpdesk days, but part of the joke was in the Error heading! Even if we
try our darndest to make our documentation clear and "usable", it seems that
there will always be those users who don't like reading and are quickly
frustrated, and no amount of hardcopy/electronic documentation, help
systems, web help, etc will enhance/facilitate their experience.

In my short TW career, I always aimed to provide help in as many platforms
as time and resources would allow, but it's just sad to see users who refuse
to help themselves first. I guess you can lead a horse to Help, but you
can't make him actually read it. :)

Syed