Re: Ever wonder why techwhirler lives seem so crazy? (Take II)

Subject: Re: Ever wonder why techwhirler lives seem so crazy? (Take II)
From: Charles E Vermette <cvermette -at- juno -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 13:43:16 -0400

Geoff Hart noted that:

<<<It would indeed be interesting, but it's worth keeping Steinbeck's
recasting
of Burns*: "The best laid plans of mice and men often** go astray." Even
the
best plans can't always keep up with recalcitrant realities...>>>

Funny, I thought of this quote when I saw your original post:))) Because
of what happens to "the best laid plans", we're all well advised to do
what you and Andrew have suggested: expect chaos, and don't expect the
best laid procedures to have better track records than the best laid
plans:)

Having said that, chaos is NOT good when you start vast projects with
half-vast ideas. I've seen way too much of that to EVER fully by into the
"chaos is good" notion. Move my cheese if you must, better you better
have a damn good reason:)))

-Chuck

85 Washington Park Drive, Norwell MA 02061
781-659-1836
e-mail: cvermette -at- juno -dot- com
web: http://www.charlesvermette.com