RE: FrameMaker to HTML

Subject: RE: FrameMaker to HTML
From: Sara Schertz <SSchertz -at- InterfaceSoftware -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:44:56 -0500

Another poster noted that you could use Webworks Publisher for this. A
similar (but much cheaper) product is Mif2Go by Omsys. It has worked very
well for us. As with WWP, you can insert Frame markers to control the
filenames of your split topics. I don't currently use this feature at all
(the generated filenames work fine for me), but I know it is an option.

Mif2go has many other very useful features, such as the ability to insert
custom pieces of html in all sorts of places, like before and after topic
titles. This gives you considerable flexibility for making topics originally
written for print look very good as html.

See http://www.omsys.com/

I did not find the learning curve for mif2go to be very difficult, but maybe
that is because I was very familiar with Frame and the templates we use for
our docs. The hardest part is figuring out how I want the output to look;
once I know that, making mif2go do what I want has been pretty easy.

The company is extremely responsive to questions and enhancement requests,
as well.

Sara Schertz
Senior Technical Writer
Interface Software, Inc
sschertz -at- interfacesoftware -dot- com
Personal site: http://users.foxvalley.net/~sschertz/

http://www.interfacesoftware.com