RE: FramemakerSGML --> Webworks --> HTML - mappings question

Subject: RE: FramemakerSGML --> Webworks --> HTML - mappings question
From: Bill Burns <bill_burns -at- lionbridge -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:21:28 -0400

> My question is, is it possible to specify the HTML mapping for ALL para's
> at
> once. Is there a feature/workaround to achieve this? This would have the
> obvious benefit of being able to use the same template for whole suites of
> documents rather than having to check each one each time for omissions.

You can select more than one item and map them at the same time, but that's
about it. Personally, I find it easier to design the EDD to point to
FrameMaker styles, then map the styles. It keeps the formatting details out
of the EDD and makes the conversion from WWP much easier. Customization of
the code is easier, too.

Bill Burns
Technical Communications Manager
Lionbridge Technologies, Inc.
12585 W. Explorer Dr., Suite 150
Boise, ID 83713
Phone: 208.321.4406
FAX: 208.321.4490
E-mail: bill_burns -at- lionbridge -dot- com