RE: STC blackmail?

Subject: RE: STC blackmail?
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- jci -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 13:53:34 -0500

>One thing to consider about this thread: most of the
>people who are putting down the STC are non-members.
>Most of those who have identified themselves as being
>members have also been supportive of the organization.

Let me see, the people who choose to pay money to become a member of a
group support the group, while the people who don't choose to pay money to
join the group don't support the group. Nice deduction, there, Sherlock. ;
{>}

>If you were a national officer of STC and had to decide
>between making the members happy or making non-members >
happy, which would you choose?

As with everything else, that would depend. If I were happy with the ways
things were, I'd pay attention to the members. OTOH, if I wanted to grow
the organization beyond it's current size, I'd pay attention to the
non-members, on the assumption they would be highlighting for me the
current barriers to recruiting new members.

As the old saying goes, if you want to know your strengths, talk to your
friends. But if you want to know your weaknesses, talk to your enemies.

Put me down as neither a friend nor an enemy of the STC, BTW.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224