Re: But seriously now folks ... (was HUMOR: STC Conference Time - )

Subject: Re: But seriously now folks ... (was HUMOR: STC Conference Time - )
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 19:51:04 -0300

Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- jci -dot- com wrote:

I *really* don't understand where the conference money goes, if not to the
presenters.
A few years ago, I was told by people who seemed to be in a position to know that the STC conference was one of the ways that the organization funded itself.

I'm sure that someone will correct me if that's false. However, if that's true, it would go a long way towards explaining why the STC is reluctant to pay speakers.

"In the holy bars of Europe I bowed and said Amen
But when my eyes were open she had vanished once again
I chased her down the highway like lights across the sky
I was looking for perfection of a very basic kind."
-OysterBand, "This Town"