Re: White Papers

Subject: Re: White Papers
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 18:18:20 -0700 (PDT)

Ed,

I suspect you'll get several different reasons for why there is very little on
White Papers in the technical documentation literature. My experience is that
we're seldom asked to write them. Most technical writers write Installation
Guides, User Guides, Reference Guides, Parts Manuals, Online Help, Web pages
and whole sites, Assembly Instructions, Operations Instructions, and doubtless
others that don't come to mind right away.

I've been asked to write many things, but never a White Paper.

=====
Tom Murrell
mailto:tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com
Personal Web Page - http://home.columbus.rr.com/murrell/index.html
Page Last Updated 03/14/02
"Technical Writers: Writers who get paid a living wage."

http://taxes.yahoo.com/