Re: But seriously now folks ... (was HUMOR: STC Conference Time - )

Subject: Re: But seriously now folks ... (was HUMOR: STC Conference Time - )
From: Brad Jensen <brad -at- elstore -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 23:18:43 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Plato" <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>

>It pushes away the talented and busy people
> leaving only hungry drek.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

> And this is evidenced in the quality of the seminars. They are
all virtually
> carbon-copies of the same thing. Single-source this, process
methodology that,
> personal development....etc. Not a single one of those topics
will help you
> write more accurate or useful documentation. All they do is give
you more ways
> to manage the crap you already have (or don't have).
>
> Andrew Plato

I have a simple, text-oriented, elearning system with a
word-processor-style
elearning creator program (which is free at
www.eufrates.com/setup.exe, Windows)

If you have written materials that you can use to make courses,
I'll host them. If you want the courses to be free, I'll make them
free.

If you have material to donate, but don't want to do the work of
converting them to the elearning format, I'll do that also.
(Actually
people who work for me will do that.)

And of course you keep the copyright to the material, or you can
put it in the public domain if you want to.

This is an open invitation to anyone.

Of course I want to promote the use of my software, but I am also
wanting to create a site with a lot of free and useful elearning
materials.

Courses can have text, image, and audio. And of course the expert
developer can put in any old html they want.

A nice sample use is at www.nalacampus.com. There is a free course
on the
tool itself at www.eufrates.com/eufrates. You can use the tool in
a 'screen capture'
mode to document Windows applications, it creates a new elearning
page every time
you press PrtScr or Alt-PrtScr. You can add text and audio, and
export to static
web pages and use them. Cost=$0

Of course we also have a LCMS to wrap around it. That's where we
make our dough.

I'm not trying to be sneaky, I'd be glad to put up a free TECWR-L
elearning page that you
all could contribute courses to.

Brad Jensen
www.eufrates.com
Give a man a fish, and he is fed for a day; teach a man to fish,
and he skips work all week.
-Brad Jensen