Re: But seriously now folks ... (was HUMOR: STC Conference Time - )

Subject: Re: But seriously now folks ... (was HUMOR: STC Conference Time - )
From: David_Slonosky -at- i2 -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 13:03:33 -0500

This is interesting. I was researching applying to a WinWriters conference
for a presentation last year. While my memory is fuzzy, I feel pretty sure
that conference speakers didn't have to pay the conference registration
fee, and there might have even been an honorarium involved.

Seems odd that the STC doesn't have a similar policy. As was said, all the
members potentially benefit from these speakers, so why basically not
reward the speakers for adding to the knowledge of the community?

David

kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
Sent by: bounce-techwr-l-92932 -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
04/04/02 12:47 PM
Please respond to kcronin

To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
cc:

You said you don't make the rules. "Neither do I," was my first thought.
Then I thought, why not? I'm a member; it's my organization, too. So I'm
going to write to the STC about this policy, for what it's worth. Maybe
you should too.