Re: outlook or xchange forms

Subject: Re: outlook or xchange forms
From: Brad Jensen <brad -at- elstore -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 21:30:45 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Plato" <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Cc: <robyn_schell -at- dccnet -dot- com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 1:55 PM

> "Robyn Schell" <> wrote
>
> > Hello Whirlers: I have been asked to develop a series of
service request
> > forms in Outlook or Xchange that can be routed to various
people depending
> > on the type of request.
> >

> You'll need access to an Exchange server and Outlook 2000 client
to do this
> work. You'll also have to figure out how to deploy the forms.
They don't just
> deploy themselves. Most people are not familiar with using
Exchange forms, so
> you'll have to teach 'em. You may also try putting it all on a
public folder -
> but that will require deep knowledge of how public folders work
on Exchange
> servers.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Andrew Plato

I'm about to design a workflow system, and I considered using
Outlook forms, but
it seems simpler and more universal to use HTML forms with a web
server and ASP
(using compiled DLLs for speed, security, and scaling.)

It seems to me you could use th forms by emailing them to people,
so it is even driven like Outlook forms, without out all the
hassles.

We are just finishing up a full text indexer. What fun!

The full text indexer is designed to be part of a corporate or
departmental content system.

Brad Jensen
www.elstore.com
If you lose it now, it's your own darn fault!