Re: (Possibly OT) Can I quote you?

Subject: Re: (Possibly OT) Can I quote you?
From: "Mark L. Levinson" <nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 14:54:21 +0200

Patrick wrote:
> I believe the proper etiquette for quoting an
> individual on something said in a discussion
> would be to email them directly and ask for their
> permission.

It's not just proper etiquette, it's the law.
And you may quote me on that. Er, if you have
my permission.

Material posted to a discussion list does not
burst automatically into the public domain.
Copyright remains with the author. See for
example "Cyberspace law for non-lawyers" at
http://www.cudenver.edu//www/copyright.html
and "10 Big Myths about copyright explained"
at http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html .

Mark L. Levinson
Herzlia, Israel
nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il