RE: Hypertext Studio VS Robohelp!

Subject: RE: Hypertext Studio VS Robohelp!
From: "Rhonda Munster" <rhonda -at- helpsystems -dot- co -dot- nz>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 22:52:52 +1200

Swati Jain wrote:
>Has anyone used Hypertext Studio as well as Robohelp???
If yes ! can you help me compare the two??<

Hi

Yes I have used both. When I was looking at help authoring software I
tried out a few, both HyperText Studio & RoboHelp included. Since then
I have used RoboHelp Enterprise on a project for a client because that
is what they had purchased. Personally though, in the end I went with
HyperText Studio over RoboHelp for the following reasons:

The excellent multi-authoring ability of HyperText Studio
How easy it was to use
The ability to use 'topic styles' that allow you to create a template
that you can base all (or some) of your topics on. I've recently used
this to place the clients logo at the top of each topic. I only had to
place the logo once. It also means that you can make changes across the
lot in one swoop too. This is in addition to using a .css. When I used
RoboHelp, I was frustrated that I did not have this ability. The price
... that goes without saying! The service

Char James-Tanny presented a wonderful matrix comparing quite a number
of help authoring tools when she spoke at the New Zealand Tech Writers
conference last year but unfortunately it no longer appears to be on her
site www.helpstuff.com. She rated HyperText Studio highly. Dana Cline
also reviewed the product recently in SD Magazine
http://www.sdmagazine.com/documents/s=7032/sdm0204e/0204e.htm and gave
it four stars.

I hope some of this helps.

Rhonda