Re: How to look good in your customer's eyes

Subject: Re: How to look good in your customer's eyes
From: "Melody Akins" <melodyakins -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 06:50:35 -0600

Hello...

There is a book and an audio tape whose subject is something like, 'how to
make your customers into raving fans.' I don't have the book, but on the
audio tape, one of the principles taught deals with the subject of this
thread. It's called "Deliver Plus One," which means that you fulfill your
contract...plus 1%. The details are that you are to be careful to craft
promises that are in keeping with the customer's
expectations/desires/whatever, and that can realistically be kept...and then
you get creative and go JUST A BIT farther in an area you are certain is on
your customer's 'to die for' list. In building a reputation for great
customer service, the key seems to be consistent overperformance...to the
tune of 1%.

I hope this is helpful.

Melody

===========
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 9:14 AM

> Ah. Okay I see the difference. But I still think setting "low" expecations
is
> icky. Maybe a better way to look at it would be set "reasonable"
expectations
> and then strive to exceed them. I mean I could tell my customers it would
take
> me 5 years to write a document, and that would be setting a very low (and
> unreasonable) expectation.
>
> Andrew Plato
>

> --- Michael Feimster <feim68 -at- bellsouth -dot- net> wrote:
>
> > Actually my comment had more to do with setting customer's expectations.
Not