RE: Job Requirements (was Ethical Companies)

Subject: RE: Job Requirements (was Ethical Companies)
From: Ed Gregory <edgregory -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 07:11:33 -0600

Andrew,

The law says the employer still has the right to set reasonable requirements
believed necessary to accomplish the job (e.g., to help achieve the
employer's business goals.) When an employee or potential employee
challenges the reasonableness of those requirements, it is up to the courts
that determine whether those requirements were reasonable.

Requiring the a technical writer be able to present information to a live
audience or group might squeek by. However, requiring that they be able to
stand up to do so would never, um, stand up in court.

You very clearly are confusing the "employer goal" with the "employee task."

-Ed Gregory