recommendations of sources for creating online help

Subject: recommendations of sources for creating online help
From: mclark -at- luminous -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:59:20

Hello out there,
I have just been tasked with changing our online Help from a Java-based
menu structure (that engineering modified in the past) using HTML files to
an all-encompassing HTML Help (using RoboHelp) type of interface.

The GUI engineering is using is Java-based, so we know we have to use
something HTML or web-help and can't use WinHelp. Although I have created
online help before, it was at another company, creating WinHelp using
RoboHelp, and this time I am creating HTML Help or WebHelp using RoboHelp.

Can anyone recommend any good websites, books, articles, etc. where I can
read up on HTML Help and/or designing online help and/or using RoboHelp
HTML?

I would appreciate any help that anyone can provide. Please respond to me
directly as I am on the digest version.

Thanks,
Melissa Clark

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr