Re: Companies using DOS or Windows 3.1

Subject: Re: Companies using DOS or Windows 3.1
From: "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:57:20 -0700

On 27 Mar 2002 at 19:01, Bruce Byfield wrote:

> Recently, I started working with a new client. I won't name names, but
> the company is fairly large in its field, and operates internationally.
> To my surprise, the software that it distributes to customers is a
> text-based DOS program of a sort I haven't seen since about 1988.

> Anyone else have any examples?

The last upgrade we made to our DOS-based product that supports
our dataloggers was in September 99. We still have users who
refuse to upgrade to the Windows version of the software, because
they feel that DOS is a more stable platform. We run into users who
buy fancy new computers and are put off because the software they
bought 15 years ago won't run!

Dana W.

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr