RE: More on Validating documentation

Subject: RE: More on Validating documentation
From: "Kim Schaefer" <kimberly -dot- schaefer -at- contemptech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:55:11 -0500

I started a new job mid-January. This is the first job where documentation
is totally removed from the development process. I was invited to just one
meeting, and that was so I could take notes (which were very helpful to me).
My questions to the SMEs largely go unanswered, are avoided, frowned upon,
and are regarded as intrusions on their workday.

I am the sole technical writer, my manager knows nothing about what I do,
and has no suggestions on how to improve the process.

In previous jobs, I never felt that I wasn't respected by my co-workers -
here I feel like I'm a major pain in the butt.

I am trying to at least get a draft out without bothering them - if the GUI
were a bit more intuitive, it would be an easier task.

I shudder to think what input I will receive IF I get the developers to
review my docs.

Oh well...upward and onward!
Kim

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr