Re: Validating documentation

Subject: Re: Validating documentation
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 20:26:38 -0800 (PST)

--- Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com> wrote:
> Andrew Plato wrote:
> However, if the writer has been having trouble getting cooperation
> throughout the project, and has either kept a record of the problem or
> (better yet) kept his or her supervisor informed of the problem, that's
> another matter. It also depends on how firm the code freeze has been. If
> the product suffers from feature creep, especially at the last moment,
> then realistically the writer probably needs extra time to accomodate
> changes.

Agreed. Hence part of taking responsibility for the docs is to build
relationships with those people who are your resources. This ensures that as
features creep and seep, you have an established comm link with the people who
are creeping and seeping.

And as I said to Elna, we could nit pick all day over all the reasons why a
writer might miss a detail. Mistakes are normal. That's why you have editors
and QA folks. The point was - the writer needs to be responsible do his/her
best to get the material correct. He/she cannot rely solely on others to get
the content correct.

Andrew Plato

http://movies.yahoo.com/

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr