Re: tracking writer progress on tight deadline?

Subject: Re: tracking writer progress on tight deadline?
From: John Cornellier <tw -at- cornellier -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:43:19 +0100

* Have lots of small deadlines, not one big one, so you can identify problems before it's too late to fix them.
* When part of the project is done, get a reality check with a client ASAP.
* Communicate with the group in person, not via documents.
* Keep it simple: maximize the amount of work they _don't_ do.
* Respect individuality. Be strict about goals, less strict about how to get there. But don't let them stall out in work someone
else can do more efficiently, e.g. doc layout, grammar.
* Personalities permitting, work in tandem. E.g. traditionally the developer spends an hour writing a draft and you spend an hour
editing = two person hours. Sitting together at the same desk, you might get it done in 45 minutes. Writing + editing is much less
efficient than getting it right on the first draft.

Good luck
John Cornellier

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr