Subject: TECHWR-L Premium Jobs, Events, and Announcements
From: "techwr-l owner" <techwr-l-owner -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
To: <archive -at- raycomm -dot- com>

You received this message because you're a subscriber to
list members to help underwrite the costs of the list (just
as ads in a newspaper, magazine, or journal underwrite the
costs of those publications).

In this posting, look for the following ...
* ANNOUNCE: Upcoming Bright Path Solutions training and events (NEW)
* ANNOUNCE: TECHWR-L Site Redesign and Reorganization (NEW)
* ANNOUNCE: TECHWR-L Store Now Open! (NEW)
* SALE: Last chance to buy RHEnterprise, now only $750.00! (UPDATED)
* ANNOUNCE: TECHWR-L Turns Nine Years Old!
* STORY: Dan the Tech Writer and his support group
* TRAINING: MARCH 2002 ACROBAT TRAINING, PLUS FRAME AND INDEXING

and at the end you'll find the concluding administrivia with
information about these ads and how to place your own.

ANNOUNCE: Upcoming Bright Path Solutions training and events

Bright Path Solutions has many training courses and free events coming up.
A few of these are listed below. For details, visit
http://www.travelthepath.com/ and follow links to Training or Events.

The Master Series: a FrameMaker 6.0 1-day Specialized (Advanced) Workshop
-March 20th in Research Triangle Park NC ($149)

SkillBuilder Workshop: Working with FrameMaker Variables
-April 11th in Research Triangle Park NC ($35)

Adobe FrameMaker Free Capabilities Overview
-April 12th in Research Triangle Park NC (free)
-April 23th in Research Triangle Park NC (free)

FrameMaker: our original Boot Camp (basics, advanced, and ePublishing)
-April 1-5 in Nashville TN ($1,800 any location)
-May 6-10 in Research Triangle Park NC
-May 20-24 in Pittsburgh PA
-June 10-14 in Research Triangle Park NC
-also coming soon to St. Louis, Las Vegas, and Orlando FL

FrameMaker+SGML: Structured Document Publishing Boot Camp (includes XML)
-June 24-28 in Research Triangle Park NC ($1,800 any location)
-July 15-19 in Las Vegas NV

Also coming up in RTP, two free users meetings hosted by Bright Path
Solutions:
-NC WebWorks Users April 11th (http://www.webworks.com/forums > NC User
Group)
-Tri-XML mtg April 9th (http://www.trixml.org)

BRIGHT PATH SOLUTIONS
an Adobe Solution Sales Provider
a WebWorks University site
100 Park Drive, Suite 102
PO Box 14265
Research Triangle Park NC 27709-4265
PHONE: 919.547.0129
FAX: 919.558.2183
http://www.travelthepath.com

03/18/02-03/25/02

ANNOUNCE: TECHWR-L Site Redesign and Reorganization

**Breaking News from Behind the Scenes at TECHWR-L** <g>

Since January 2002, we've been feverishly working on a
pleased to announce that the new site is now available:

http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/index.html

Highlights of the new site include
* A new, fresher look
* A new structure and keywords to aid browsing
* New navigation aids
* Article summaries
* A new MySQL site search application, called
Mnogosearch
* Detailed (or fixed!) meta tag keywords
and descriptions

You'll also find links to the new TECHWR-L Store, which
offers TECHWR-L T-shirts, mugs, mousepads, and more!
All proceeds go toward supporting TECHWR-L.

You can find out more about the site changes in the
March issue of _The Whirler_ at
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/abouttechwhirl/whirler.html

We're still tidying up details across the site, but
please do visit, browse around, and send comments,
suggestions, and problems you encounter to me at
debray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot-

Thanks!
Deborah

03/18/02-03/26/02

ANNOUNCE: TECHWR-L Store Now Open!

Find TECHWR-L t-shirts, mugs, mousepads, and more at the
all new TECHWR-L store, available through cafepress.com:

These TECHWR-L products are darned cool...and great for
identifying yourself as a TECHWR-Ler at conferences and
meetings, too.

Show your support for TECHWR-L, and look cool doing so!
All proceeds go toward supporting TECHWR-L.

Hurry and visit the TECHWR-L store!

03/18/02-03/26/02

SALE: Last chance to buy RHEnterprise, now only $750.00!

I was recently given a copy of RoboHelp Enterprise 2002 by eHelp
(https://www.ehelp.com/products/robohelp/enterprise/tech_reqs.asp).
However, while this application is really cool and does some pretty
powerful stuff, I use FrameMaker and WebWorks Publisher to single-source
my work, and I don't have time to learn a new piece of software.
Therefore, I am selling my unopened copy of the software for $750.00
That's $1,149.00 off of the list price. I can take payment through U.S.
Postal Money Order, PayPal, or Visa/MasterCard. Email me at
email -at- davidcastro -dot- com -dot-

03/07/02-03/20/02

ANNOUNCE: TECHWR-L Turns Nine Years Old!

Sing with us....
Happy Birthday, Tech-whirl
Happy Birthday, Tech-whirl
Happy Biiiiiiirthday, Tech-whirrrrrrl
Happy Birthday, Tech-whirl

Join us in celebrating the TECHWR-L list's ninth
birthday this month:

Read the List History page
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/listhistory.html

Send TECHWR-L Sponsors a note of thanks
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/advertisersponsor.html

Make a donation (every little bit helps!)
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/donate.html

Send Eric a note of thanks
ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com

Send a note of thanks to individual TECHWR-Lers who
have helped you or answered your questions

Take the TECHWR-L Trivia Quiz
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/techwr-lquiz.html

Happy Birthday, TECHWR-L!
(And many more!)

3/12/02-3/24/02

STORY: Dan the Tech Writer and his support group

Hello, my name is Dan, and I'm a technical writer.

Hello, Dan, the support group chorused.

I've been addicted to technical writing for some time now. First, I
started small, with little contract projects here and there . . .
before I knew it, I had a full time job for a software company. I was
just churning out documentation . . .

I knew there was no turning back when I joined the TECHWR-L discussion
list. I enjoyed debating about one or two spaces after the period,
identified with the Deer in Headlights Syndrome, and even spent a lot
of time discussing whether or not I was a writer and if I was indeed
an artist.

Dan cleared his throat and shook his head.

I thought it couldn't get any worse -- then SnagIt came into my life.

The group members nodded their encouragement.

I don't know how I ever accomplished anything before SnagIt! It's
such a time saver - with profiles, I created and stored my most
frequently used settings so I didn't have to constantly change my
configuration. Then with multiple outputs, I could simultaneously
send my capture to as many outputs as I wanted. And, SnagIt offers
more input and output options than any other screen capture program
--input an object, web, text, video, direct x, graphical or program
file!

Not only that, but in SnagIt Studio I added annotation like text, arrows
and clipart, and in the Catalog I easily selected multiple files to save,
convert, print and e-mail in batches!

Dan, spent, flopped into his chair.

A member turned to him and whispered desperately, Is SnagIt really as good
as you say?

Dan nodded weakly. He looked around him and realized that he hadn't
helped at all - every support group member was itching to get to a
computer to download SnagIt.

Inwardly, he smiled. At least if he couldn't help them, he'd enjoy
the company in the SnagIt online forum.

--Find TechSmith and SnagIt at http://www.techsmith.com/twr --

1/1/02-6/30/02

TRAINING: MARCH 2002 ACROBAT HANDS-ON TRAINING, PLUS FRAMEMAKER AND
INDEXING WORKSHOPS

Bright Path Solutions, an Adobe solution provider and WebWorks University
site, has the following Adobe Acrobat classes scheduled for March 2002.

Adobe Acrobat 5.0 Hands-on Training:
March 11-12, Research Triangle Park NC
March 25-26, Pittsburgh PA

Adobe Acrobat 5.0 Workshop (using student files):
March 13: Research Triangle Park NC

ALSO COMING in MARCH:
The Master Series: a FrameMaker SkillBuilder Workshop
Various US and Canadian locations
$149 (full day plus copy of "The Master Series: FrameMaker 6")

Applied Indexing (best practices; not tool specific):
March 21-22, Research Triangle Park NC

Training descriptions and information:
http://www.travelthepath.com/training/
General training information and discount data:
http://www.travelthepath.com/training/general.shtml
Call for information on NC State program to help job seekers pay for
training.

PLUS -- Currently seeking guinea pigs for roll-out of new FrameMaker+SGML
Structured Document Publishing class. Class will be held in Research
Triangle Park in June 2002. Email me to be placed on the list. Guinea
pigs will have a reduced rate for the class (from $2K down to $995).
Reduced fee only applies to June date.

Contact:
Kay Ethier
BRIGHT PATH SOLUTIONS
100 Park Drive, Suite 102
Research Triangle Park NC 27709-4265 USA
PHONE: 919.244.8559

03/03/02-03/17/02

About posting ads:
Announcements on the TECHWR-L Premium Announcement posting
cost $50 to contact over 5100 TECHWR-L subscribers
directly each day for a week.

In an effort to provide a free service that allows you to post
announcements, jobs, and events, however, we have established other
services:

The TECHWR-L Calendar provides a free resource for you
to post announcements, activities, and events:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/calendar/

The TECHWR-L Employment Central provides a free resource
for you to post, browse, and search job listings and personal
profiles:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/employment/

The TECHWR-L Daily Summary Mailing, a separate mailing list
that summarizes new content posted to Employment Central and
the Calendar, can further help get your
message out to interested people:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/daily-announce-info.html

These resources are available at no cost to anyone, posters
or seekers, TECHWR-L subscribers or not. We encourage you to
regularly use these free services.

For jobs, announcements, and events that you specifically
want to be mailed directly to all 5100+ TECHWR-L subscribers
in the TECHWR-L Premium Daily Announcement, please contact Eric
(ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com) or submit your paid ad at
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/postad.html.