Subject: Techwr-l : the movie <OT - humor> (take II)
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 16:24:15 -0500

Tom Murrell suggests: <<I think a major story theme has to revolve around
Microsoft (played by the Borg) trying to assimilate the LINUX bunnies
(played by the Teletubby Bunnies). You have the entire universe of Star Trek
characters, but they can't save the
day. Only the Tech Writers can save us.>>

That works for me. We could e-mail the Borg copies of the Microsoft Manual
of Style, and in the unlikely event that doesn't handicap them to the point
at which they're no longer a worry, we would really get nasty: sic' Ralph
Robinson on them to implement an ISO 9000 exercise (Ralph could play himself
in the movie), then follow up with Joann Hackos and a single-sourcing
initiative based on SGML (Sigourney Weaver could play her in this role).

geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca
"User's advocate" online monthly at

"With Linux, customers end up being in the operating systems business,
managing software updates and security patches while making sure the
multitude of software packages don't conflict with each other."--Microsoft
spokesperson in a News.com article

"And just how would that be different from Windows?"--Adam Engst, TidBITS

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr