Re: Link text in HTML help systems

Subject: Re: Link text in HTML help systems
From: Katie Kearns <kkearns -at- cisco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:07:04 -0800

At 04:21 PM 3/19/2002 -0500, you wrote:

I recently have encountered two different styles for link text, and wonder
what the list thinks is the "best" one.

Which would you prefer (since underlining may not come across, I have added
html tags):

The second one -- it gives the user more information on what the link will bring them to. Most users understand how to click a link by now, and don't need help to do it.

Plus, since links usually stand out in some way (underlining, different color, etc..) it's easier to scan and find link you're interested in if it has information about what it will lead them to. Scanning a page full of "click here" is much, much harder.

-Katie

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr