Re: Link text in HTML help systems

Subject: Re: Link text in HTML help systems
From: Char James-Tanny <CharJT -at- helpstuff -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 16:45:29 -0500

Hi, John :-)

Oh, definitely the second! If nothing else, I would use it for accessibility
reasons..."Click here" for...what? The second option tells folks what they are
going to get when they click...information about goal dates.

Of course, one of my pet peeves is "Click here" links ;-)

Char
Char James-Tanny (mailto:CharJT -at- helpstuff -dot- com)
JTF Associates, Inc. (http://www.helpstuff.com)

Consulting and Development for WinHelp, HTML Help, and Web-based Help
Adjunct Faculty, Bentley College
AuthorIT Consulting and Training
RoboHelp Advisory Board and RoboHelp Instructor
Web Site Design (http://design.helpstuff.com)
Web Hosting (http://hosting.helpstuff.com)

jgarison -at- ide -dot- com wrote:

> I recently have encountered two different styles for link text, and wonder
> what the list thinks is the "best" one.
>
> Which would you prefer (since underlining may not come across, I have added
> html tags):
>
> <ul>Click here</ul> for more information about specifying goal dates
>
> or
>
> See <ul>About Goal Dates</ul> for more information on the rules and
> effects of specifying goal dates.

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr

Check out the TECHWR-L Site redesign!
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/