Parthian Shots (was au revoir, etc.)

Subject: Parthian Shots (was au revoir, etc.)
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- jci -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 08:21:03 -0600

Pardon the lateness. I have been encouraged to post this comment about the
recent departure brew-up, so here it is. Make of it what you will:

Wow, so we got subjected to another Parthian shot. And I missed it (or it
missed me).

So I went out to the archives to see what I missed, and I find........
that I'm sorry I wasted the time and effort.

One more whiner off to do grand and glorious things and we'll all be sorry
someday. We don't have what's his name to kick around anymore.

Just a couple of notes to those who may be comtemplating emulating the
dearly departed:

1) If you feel you've been wronged and no one is rushing to your defense:
Get over yourself. No one, not even me, is so all-important that every
word
they post deserves to be read, much less defended with vim, vigor, and
vitality. Make your decisions about the list as it is, warts and all, not
as you think it should or could be. Tolerate it, or leave it; your choice.
Telling 4000 people to change their ways if they want to continue to enjoy
your company is *both* arrogant *and* stupid.

2) If you're going, go. Go quickly, go slowly, go far away, go next door,
go get a job, go get a life, go get a newspaper. Just, whatever you do,
go.
_Quietly_. Chances are, if you're going because of the list behavior, the
list really isn't going to shed many tears over you, and since you're
leaving anyway, there's no incentive to change. Exit lines belong to stage
actors, not real people. Decide which you are, and stick to it.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr