Re: Interactive Flowchart

Subject: Re: Interactive Flowchart
From: Sheila Carlisle <scarlisle -at- axialinfo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 14:36:57 -0800

If you have the opportunity to check out an "up and coming" technology, you might look into the possibility of using SVGs for your flowcharts, Philip. Two aspects of your quest -- interactive and "drill down" capabilities -- are precisely what SVG can do. (Caveat, have no idea if it will fit into the Robohelp workflow.)

SVG is an evolving standard and new apps are coming online all the time. Start with the SVGZone at the Adobe website http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/main.html and the xml.com site http://www.xml.com/graphics/ for some great examples of what SVG can do. The various demos on the Adobe site are quite amazing.

Philip Boyer wrote:

I have to create and link approximately 50 online flowcharts that cover the
flow of information through an accounting/inventory control software
application. At certain decision points, I want the user to be able to click
the flowchart shape and see another flowchart related to the selected
decision. I also want a "More Information" button in most shapes that
displays a popup-type box when clicked.

Sheila Carlisle
Axial InfoSolutions Inc.
Automated Publishing Solutions / Authorized Miramo Reseller
http://www.axialinfo.com http://www.miramo.com

www.ehelp.com/techwr