RE: is it really that uncommon?

Subject: RE: is it really that uncommon?
From: Nora von Gerichten <wlg -at- pacificcoast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 08:51:44 -0800

Have we really come to a place where having manners and a decent vocabulary
are labeled "political correctness"? I much prefer a corporate culture where
people speak with respect, even when they disagree. I have never seen it to
be ineffective in terms of projects or deadlines. I certainly hope it IS
uncommon.

We *have* come to a time where it is politically correct to candy coat everything. I get tired of having to put everything into nice packages. Reminds me of when I taught primary school and Johnny or Suzie's work was a mess but had to find something nice to say about it.

I do not swear or jump up and down like a baboon. But I am passionate. Many are offended by honesty, straightforwardness, larger vocabularies, etc. Does not bother me one bit if someone wants to swear, curse, or otherwise express extreme frustration to the point of non articulation.

www.ehelp.com/techwr