Re: Au revoir and god speed - Long

Subject: Re: Au revoir and god speed - Long
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 06:47:08 -0700

So to summarize, Steve knows a lot about Word, and feels that justifies
him turning this List into his own personal diary/creative writing
experiment.

Sorry, not buying it.

Steve, your Word knowledge is undisputable, but it does not exclude you
from the rules of tact or diplomacy. I have found much of value in your
await your input with baited breath. As if it's all about YOU.

It's not.

It's Techwr-L, not Steve-L.

When you go up against another List member known for his cockiness, I have
no problem. He asked for it. And he can take it as well as he dishes it
out. But when you ridicule another less experienced and less confident
member who is feeling overwrought, and you get called on it yet show no
remorse, sorry, but my respect for you plummets.

I get goofy on this List too. I have been spanked by Eric, too. I have
been "Platonically crucified" more than once. And once when my views had
so obviously (but unintentionally) offended numerous members, I posted a
sincere apology. Why? Because this List is a COMMUNITY, one which I want
to be a part of. I have no need to be its "alpha male" - can you say the
same?

I'll miss your knowledge, and your generosity with it. In that area I
think you are unparalleled. But skill and knowledge do not excuse bad
behavior.

This is a community. If you are only interested in being a part of it on
YOUR terms, then you really aren't interested in being a PART of a
community; you want to be the FOCUS of the community.

To that end, I encourage you to start your own List, where you can make
and break the rules to your heart's content. I have no doubt it would be
entertaining and informative, and that many of us would join, myself
included.

Good luck. Now go sit in the corner and think about what you've done,
young man.

Respectfully,

-Keith Cronin

www.ehelp.com/techwr