Re: Green TW searching for software advice

Subject: Re: Green TW searching for software advice
From: "Lois Patterson" <lois -at- dowco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:18:18 -0800

Yes, to be clear, I was talking about not getting the opportunity in the
first place.
It isn't always possible to tell, for sure, but if half the interview
focuses on one's lack of knowledge of the arcane tool (despite valiant
efforts to divert discussion), then one can make a reasonable inference.
Usually, it's not that obvious, of course, so one has to rely on her or his
possibly faulty intuition. But in my experience, my tool knowledge has more
often been attacked than lack of technical knowledge (subjectively, I think
both are generally good although always open to never-ending improvement, of
course).

Lois