RE: ASAP: "Fillable" wars

Subject: RE: ASAP: "Fillable" wars
From: "Wilcox, Rose (ZB5646)" <Rose -dot- Wilcox -at- pinnaclewest -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 15:41:17 -0700

Fillable is an old English word, an adjective form of "fill". Would the
American Heritage Dictionary please your Marketing department? It lists
it as such, after the full definition of "fill":

filla·ble adj.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth
Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
<<
From: Cook, Jenise
We've got a battle with Marketing after using this term for at least two
years. Can *you* justify the use of the term "fillable"? (We use it in the
sense of a "fillable form".)

MMOS doesn't have "fillable" and neither does Apple's guide. We don't have
"Read Me First" (yet), and the TECHWR-L archives from '93 to today only gave
me four messages in return for my search entry "fillable". The messages'
authors used "fillable" as easily as "butter."

www.ehelp.com/techwr