Re: Reference books you use the most

Subject: Re: Reference books you use the most
From: "C. Janzen" <cjanzen -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 11:51:43 -0600

For the current projects..

1. References
* Chicago Manual of Style
* Webster's Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary
* Grammar handbook (have several from which to choose, so depends on which one's close)
* McGraw-Hill Computer Desktop Encyclopedia (mostly to standardize acronyms and terms--why should I retype them in the project style guide when someone's already made it available electronically!)
the book on which I'm working IS the appropriate technical * Whatever technical references are appropriate for the project, i.e., Java, XML, JSP, &c. (Sams, Que, Wrox, & O'Reilly publ. mostly), though sometimes the book on which I'm working IS the appropriate technical reference

2. Editing books for Embedded Systems publisher and writing system documentation (architectural design docs, specs, &c.), PC/WinCE/Palm online help, printed manuals, marketing materials, web content, and whatever else looks interesting (or pays well!)

3. Both (there you go, Keith, one more person who also likes dogs)

4. Despise diet anything. Give me fully caffeinated and fully sugared, thanks. I figure I'll burn off the extra calories with the jitters from the caffeine, right?

kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com wrote:

Per several requests, I will attempt to summarize when this thread tapers
off.

But I gotta ask: Where are all the dog lovers? I'm dyin' here!

-Keith Cronin

Catherine Janzen

Write Method, LLC
PO Box 13113