RE: Any tips for a beginner on ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems?

Subject: RE: Any tips for a beginner on ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems?
From: "Steve Hudson" <cruddy -at- optushome -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 18:30:32 +1100

Dear Sarah,

You should have far less trouble with ISO14001 than with 9001/2. The usual
trouble, certainly one I had at first, was differentiating between product
processes and doco processes. There's a few gotchyas in that area. However,
14001 or other such standards gives you the Ultimate Buttkicking Authority.
You take the standard and ensure its implemented fully. If it isnt, raise an
ISO14001 stink.

The FIRST thing to do is get your own copy of the standard or at least the
parts pertaining to documentation requirements. Ensure your side of things
is compliant and make note to take extra care with any issues relating
closely to these requirements.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic, Sydney, Australia
HDK List MVP
For Questions regarding MS-Word please use the MS news servers or a mailing
list in preference to heretic -at- tdfa -dot- com -dot- Ideally, post to
msnews.microsoft.com and send me an email to go answer it.