RE: conditional text alternative for RoboHELP

Subject: RE: conditional text alternative for RoboHELP
From: "David Knopf" <david -at- knopf -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 13:54:52 -0800

Gallagher, Susan wrote:

| One of our writers is editing an HTML Help project in RoboHELP. It's
| unknown
| whether some of the changes that she's making will appear in the next
| product release; as a result, she'd like to make these changes
| conditional.
|
| RoboHELP does not support conditional text. If any of you have
developed
| an
| innovative way to handle this problem, I'd love to hear it. I'm
hesitant
| suggest using revision tracking directly in Word.

The currently released versions of AuthorIT, Doc-To-Help, and WebWorks
Publisher all support conditional text. Quadralay has announced it will
release WordHelp early in the second quarter, which will bring
conditional text functionality to MS Word and allow you to produce
WinHelp, HTML Help, JavaHelp, and WebWorks Help.

HTH,

D.

David Knopf / Knopf Online / San Francisco, CA / 415.550.8367
mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com / http://www.knopf.com

WebWorks and RoboHelp Certified - RoboHelp MVP
Member, RoboHelp Advisory Board & JavaHelp 2.0 Expert Group
Moderator, HATT & wwp-users

www.ehelp.com/techwr